Picking Up The Adventure Travelers RV
Picking up the RV is a simple process that will require approximately one to two hours depending on how familiar you are with operating an RV. The first thing to plan however, is how you will arrive for the start of your trip. Here are some things to consider:
- The RV will either be near our home in Escondido, CA, which is about 20 miles north of San Diego or it will be located at a parking lot overlooking the bay near the San Diego Airport (a $10-15 Uber/Lyft ride from the San Diego Airport).
- We suggest taking a taxi, Uber, Lyft or other means of transportation to the pickup site
- Sorry, but we do NOT have accommodations to store a vehicle
Once you’ve arrived, we’ll do our walkthrough, which includes the following:
- Exterior damage inspection
- Exterior systems education (sewer, water, electrical, etc.)
- Interior damage inspection
- Interior walkthrough (appliances, amenities, storage, beds, toilet, etc.)
- Power and water systems (generator, water pump, water heater, A/C)
- Questions and additional details
- Packing the RV with anything you’ve brought (note: you’ll want to review our inventory page to avoid over-packing)
Following the walkthrough, and as long as you’re packed up, we’ll sign our rental checklist and liability form, take gas tank and odometer readings and prepare for your trip with one last task (a driving review and test around the block).