The Legal Stuff
We love our RV. We want you too as well. When you drive it away, know that you are now in control and you own the RV temporarily. All that responsibility is yours too, however, we are always here to help, if at all possible.
No one likes getting into all this legal stuff, but in this day and age, we have to. We strongly encourage you to read and understand the few legal forms we will have you sign before you leave with our RV. We will send these documents to you long before your trip, so you can read them at your leisure, however if you don’t want to sign them, we can part ways as friends.
Note that the RV is under GPS surveillance to ensure your safety in an emergency situation. In addition, our GPS provider will alert us to speed alerts (traveling over the posted speed limit signs). Any tire malfunction in these scenarios are subject to security deposit being withheld for costs associated with towing, tire change, tire replacement, etc.
$1,500 security deposit
You must have Outdoorsy or RVshare RV Insurance and 24/7 Roadside Assistance (mandatory regardless if you choose to book through Outdoorsy or RVshare) We cannot accept private vehicle insurance. See our cost benefit chart.
There is a $1,500 deductible on any damage / collision insurance claims. This means that if you damage the RV while in your possession (whether it’s your fault or not), you are responsible for the $1,500 deductible.
If you feel you cannot afford this amount you can:
- Let us know that you’re not comfortable with the $1,500 insurance deductible and we’ll cancel your booking with a full refund (within the time parameters set forth by Outdoorsy or RVshare). Keep in mind that when you rent through Outdoorsy or RVshare, this deductible is standard (see Outdoorsy’s insurance page to review).
- Please know that if there are no claims (damage to RV) to the insurance and we do not deduct any fees from your security deposit, you will get your $1,500 deposit returned in full.
Other Financial Disclaimers
We pride ourselves in the quality and readiness of the RV upon pickup. When you arrive, you’ll find that it’s been thoroughly cleaned, fuel tanks are filled appropriately, and it’s in great working order. If there are any issues with the RV, we will be upfront about them and make sure to note them on your pickup form so that you are not responsible for any pre-existing conditions.
In return, we expect that the RV is returned to us in a similar fashion. If this is not the case, it is our discretion to charge a $250 service fee. The following items will incur this service charge (typically taken from the security deposit):
- Black water (toilet) tank is not properly dumped and cleaned
- The cabin smells of cigarette or any other type of smoke (no smoking/vaping inside ever)
- There is extensive pet odor or damage (sorry no pets ever)
- The gas tank comes back on or near empty
- The vehicle is returned in excessively dirty / muddy condition for either the interior or the exterior
*Note: Between now and your pickup time, any trip altering issues or major failures we discover prior to your pickup will be disclosed immediately to give the renter opportunity to find another vehicle. In this instance, we will provide a full refund with cancellation.
The Adventure Travelers RV Liability Form
All of the above is highlighted in our liability form that we require renters to sign in addition to the Outdoorsy or RVshare documentation. This form releases us of any legal liability in the case of something going wrong. While we don’t anticipate you having anything but a wonderful time, an RV has many systems and components that could be dangerous. We take every precaution we can to ensure everything is well-maintained and working properly, but when you’re responsible for what is essentially a house on wheels, we can’t make any guarantees. Essentially, you use at your own risk (as do we when our family takes it camping). Feel free to download, sign and bring to us (or email it to us). We will also have one ready to sign at the time of pick-up, as well, if you forget.
The Adventure Travelers RV Liability Form (we will email to you)